How To Find The Best Inbound Marketing Company
Thursday, May 14, 2015
As a business, you are held accountable for every dollar you spend. If you are not seeing an acceptable return on your inbound campaign, you need to dig a little deeper. The right inbound marketing company can make a huge impact on the promotion of your product or service, but don’t strike a deal with the first company that says they can help you out. Today we will learn how to find the best inbound marketing company for your business.
A good inbound marketing company can give you tangible and sustainable strategies for multiplying your dollar. You need a company that will use a well-rounded approach to your campaign that will enhance your web presence and ROI. And this must all be done in a way that provides long-term success.
Profit is Important
Many people consider an inbound marketing company to simply be a marketing tool. For example, a business may decide to hire “inbound marketing company A” over “inbound marketing company B” because “A” offers their services at $1000/month less than “B”. Although pricing is a consideration, there are many other elements at play. “B” may offer a campaign with a much better ROI; and even though you’re spending $1000 more a month you could be gaining an extra $2000/ month in extra business. In this example “B” was dismissed based on inadequate research that failed to delve into the many other elements that construct a great inbound marketing campaign.
Inbound marketing is a Process
Not all inbound marketing companies are created equally; nor do they all apply the same tools, tactics, or approaches. By not doing more in-depth research you could be settling on a mediocre campaign. These kind of problems arise when businesses do not understand that inbound marketing is not simply a “tool” but a campaign process where analytics must be thoroughly studied and optimized.
Differentiating between inbound marketing companies can be daunting if you do not know what you are looking for. I have laid out a practical guide which serves as a solid starting point for finding the right inbound marketing company.
- Cookie cutter tactics: Every day should be spent treating goals as floating points based on google algorithm changes and updates and shifts in the industry in general. What worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today.
- It is a second form of income or a hobby: SEO is something that can be done without putting on a suit and tie every day and going into an office building…which is great, but you want ensure the company you are using is professional and has the resources and industry standard skill set to get a job done thoroughly and properly.
- Watch out for the pushy salesman gone SEO: You don’t want to be pressured into a contract based on hype. You want to feel confident in methods that will make you money.
- Beware of the company that offers short-term success based on dubious tactics: You want a company that provides a long-term, holistic solution to improving your online presence – not a company that guarantees hard to believe results.
- Outsourcing: You want a company that can be flexible based on your budget and goals. If your work is being outsourced, it may be difficult to optimize the best solution for your campaign. If a business does outsource certain elements of your campaign, make sure that it is because that is what is best for you.
Find “the best”
- References and testimonials: They have proven success stories based on previous campaigns. Based on these examples, they can provide you with the confidence that your campaign will succeed.
- They can meet you on your level of understanding with clear and practical goals: There should be no unrealistic, grandiose promises. If things sounds too good to be true – they probably are. Successful inbound marketing is not based a simple one time cure-all for you to succeed online. Successful inbound marketing is a process in which optimizing many different elements of a campaign is crucial.
- Pricing structure should be easy to understand: You know what you are paying for, why you are paying for it, and how it is benefiting your growth. Make sure you are given absolute transparency in regards to your financial commitments.
- They will not use unscrupulous tactics: This will undermine the integrity of your campaign and ultimately hurt the reputation of your business. There are rules and guidelines that must be adhered to in a proper inbound marketing campaign to avoid being penalized by search engines.
- They offer you practical ways to measure success: For example: increased traffic, click-through rates, or brand awareness. Regardless of your goals, at the end of the day a campaign should lead to your success.
It’s all about you
Ultimately, your success is the end goal. The best inbound marketing company will provide you with a sustainable long-term solution which should result in a positive returns. Sometimes, even with all the right research and information, you will still find that your online presence is not where you want it to be. However, just by having this information, you have the upper hand.
You can always pressure your current inbound marketing company to change their tactics, or you can look into another company that may be more capable of providing you with the campaign you need. Rise above the confusion and mediocrity that is typical of many inbound marketing companies and succeed!
Tagged Under: how to find the best inbound marketing company